A new paint job can enhance your property’s appearance and overall value. However, painting your house on your own can be very time-consuming, and you might not even get the desired results. Therefore, you should hire a professional painting contractor for the job, although it can be challenging. You must research several contractors, ask them the right questions, and check their references. It will help you hire the right contractor who can do a professional paint job.
Below, we have stated the top 5 tips for hiring a commercial painting contractor:
1. Start with a plan- Starting with a detailed plan will help you save time and money. Some questions you must consider while making the plan are:
- What kind of paint job is it- exterior or interior?
Most painting contractors have different processes and procedures to perform exterior and interior painting projects. Usually, exterior work requires more prep work like scraping, priming, and caulking; specifically, areas where sun damage and outside elements have taken their toll on the paint. Interior paint mainly consists of painting walls, ceilings, doors, and trim work. It is much more precise, which requires high-quality painters.
- What time of the year is it?
Most exterior paint jobs take place from March – November. Moreover, you may have to postpone your paint job during adverse weather conditions where paint may have issues drying correctly.
Painter’s tip- Do not call during peak summer months. Instead, call to get on someone’s books early when prices may be lower.
- How many rooms are to be painted?
You are more likely to get a better quote for interior painting if you want to get more than one room painted. Hiring a painting contractor company for only one room might not be cost-effective. On the contrary, you might end up shelling out more money for a small job.
- How will it affect your schedule?
You may have to shift to a new place while the painting job is in progress. And your painter may also ask the homeowner or an adult to be present on the premises while working.
2. Research painting contractors- Once you have laid out a detailed plan, you must start looking for painting contractors. Shortlist the ones who, at the minimum, have a license and insurance coverage. You can research several painting companies online and read their reviews and customer testimonials. You must also ensure that they have the required experience for the job.
3. Get referrals- There are several painting contractors out there. It can be confusing to choose one amongst all the options. An efficient way to find the best leads and select one for the job is by getting personal referrals. Ask your family, friends, or neighbors if they have hired any painter recently. Also, ask them if they were satisfied with the results. If yes, then you should surely consider hiring the same contractor.
4. Have a chat with them– It is best to hire painting contractors only after meeting with them personally. You can ask the following questions to know more about their services:
- Are you licensed and insured?
- What type of paint do you use?
- What are your payment expectations?
- Will you share some references from similar past projects?
- Who will be working- the employees or the subcontractors?
5. Finalize your top prospect– After narrowing down your choices, reach out to your references in order to shortlist a few commercial painting companies. Ask the references if the respective companies completed the project on time, if the project exceeded the overall budget, and if they were professional during the job. Take estimates from a few of them and finalize the one that is the most convincing.
About the business
Hiring the right painting contractor can be challenging. However, if you follow the above-mentioned tips, it surely will be a lot easier. At West Rivers Painting, we have a crew of professional painters specializing in exterior and interior painting projects. Our clients vouch for our services, our professionalism, and efficiency. For more information about us, contact us at +1 (541) 419 3912, mail at email@example.com, or fill the contact form.