As a homeowner, your most valuable asset is your home. Over time, it will start requiring renovations and repairs. As it gets older you may even just feel the need to update or make the home more modern. You can either hire a painting company to do the job or do it all by yourself. Regardless of who paints the house, it will require a lot of time, money, and effort.
Below, we have listed the top six reasons to invest in house painting!
- Better aesthetics- When you first moved into your home, you might have had a different taste in terms of colour, feel, and design. Now, after a few years of living in it, your tastes or trends might have changed. Therefore, you should get your house painted to enhance its value and get a livelier look. A fresh coat of paint will make your house look newer and help you see it in a different light.
- Increased home value- If the appraiser is coming to evaluate your house, a paint job will significantly influence the final value. The exterior paint job is the first thing a potential buyer or appraisers looks at. Having a freshly painted home with updated colours will go a long way in terms of increasing home value.
- Increased protection against natural elements- Sometimes, nature can be harsh on your home. Rain, sleet, snow, sunshine, and even wind can damage your home. However, if your house is painted correctly, it will drastically increase the protection of all the elements that may ensue. The paint will act as a protective shield for the siding and trim of your house. It will also prevent moisture from penetrating your home and causing mold, mildew, and even dry rot damage.
- Increased lifespan of siding- Firstly, no siding lasts forever. However, if you paint your house on a regular basis it will add years to the lifespan of your siding. Each paint job on the average lasts 7-10 years. The south side of your home’s paint will start deteriorating first. However, the entire home should be inspected yearly for peeling paint and any dry rot starting to appear so it can be addressed and aid in the longevity of the siding.
- Proactive identification of insect damage- Insects, like termites, are the worst nightmare for wood-based homes. Therefore, you should identify this problem and solve it as soon as possible to save yourself from extremely costly repairs. A paint job helps you identify any termite infestation quickly and effectively combat them. Remember to evaluate the siding before painting it to identify the problem areas and resolve issues before applying any paint.
- Practical costs- You must know that house painting is one of the most cost-effective renovations you can do to transform your house. If you choose the right contractor, it will pay off drastically. It will improve the value, function, and appeal of your house. However, make sure you choose high-quality paint and an experienced contractor to get the maximum value for your investment.
About West Rivers Painting
You must invest in house painting for all the above-mentioned reasons. At West Rivers Painting, we have a crew of professional painters specializing in exterior and interior painting projects. Our customers vouch for our services, our professionalism, and efficiency. For more information, contact us at (541) 419 3912, write to email@example.com, or fill out our contact form.