With summer approaching, you may be tempted to start your home projects, like house painting. Whether you want to sell your house, repaint the interior walls, or revamp your house’s exterior without burning a hole in your pocket, you should only hire professional painters for the project. However, it can be challenging for you to hire a reliable contractor.
Below, we outline some important tips on how to choose the right painting contractor!
1. Plan your budget- Budget is one of the most important factors you must consider before exploring different painting contractors in your area. The quality of the materials, the amount of prep work, and the scale of the project will determine your budget. However, to keep your budget low, do not look for contractors charging the “lowest bid” promise as they are most likely to be inexperienced painters who use cheap paint and lightning-fast painting techniques which will not last.
2. Look for feasible options- Multiple sources are available for finding painting contractors. Prepare a list of all contractors you may hire and list down the pros and cons of each company. Invest some time and effort in researching all the shortlisted companies. You can also take referrals from your family and friends to find some good contractors.
3. Ask the right questions- Interview the shortlisted contractors and ask the right questions so that you don’t end up dissatisfied. You can contact them by email, phone, and ask the following questions:
- How many years have you been in business?
- What does your prep process entail?
- Are you licensed, bonded, insured?
- What type of paint will be used?
- Will there be a final walk through once the project is completed?
4. Get at least three estimates- It is important to not only vet contractors before calling for an estimate, but once you have narrowed down some contractors of interest, it is recommended to get three estimates. This helps ensure you are getting a comparable cost for the project, but also the same quality of workmanship and detail a quote should entail.
5. Get a contract- Ask the contractors to send their estimates and ensure that everything is clearly mentioned on them. The estimate must be thorough and answer all the questions you might have. If not, email or call the contractor to help clarify any questions you might have. It should also state that they are Licensed, Bonded, Insured, and their CCB#. It should clearly define the payment process and when/how to make the down payment and final payment.
About West Rivers Painting
Following the above mentioned steps will help you choose the right painting contractor. At West Rivers Painting, we have a crew of professional painters specializing in exterior and interior painting projects. Our customers vouch for our services, our professionalism, and efficiency. For more information, contact us at (541) 419 3912, mail at email@example.com or fill out the contact form.